Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Poem for Foster Mom's and Dad's

There I sat, alone and afraid.  
You got a call and came right to my aid.

You bundled me up with blankets and love.
And, when I needed it most, you gave me a hug.

I learned that the world was not all that scary and cold.
That sometimes there is someone to have and to hold.

You taught me what love is, you helped me to mend.
You loved me and healed me and became my first friend.

And just when I thought you'd done all you could do,
There came along not one new lesson, but two.

First you said, "Sweetheart, you're ready to go.
I've done all I can, and you've learned all I know."

Then you bundled me up with a blanket and kiss.
Along came a new family, they even have kids!

They took me to their home, forever to stay.
At first I thought you sent me away.

Then that second lesson became perfectly clear.
No matter how far, you will always be near.

And so, Foster Mom and Dad, you know I've moved on.
I have a new home, with toys and a lawn.

But I'll never forget what I learned that first day.
You never really give your fosters away.

You gave me these thoughts to remember you by.
We may never meet again, and now I know why.

You'll remember I lived with you for a time.
I may not be yours, but you'll alaways be mine.

-Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave Your Comments or Questions and we will get back to you as soon as possible! :)