C.A.R.E. Transport's Run the Bluffs
Sunday, July 10th
Join team "PYRfect Paws" this weekend for C.A.R.E. Transport's Run the Bluffs Fundraiser! So many of our Pyrs were able to be saved and brought to us because of this wonderful organization!! This is just one way for us to return the favor and support them! :]
- Mission Statement:
"To arrange and provide safe transportation for domestic animals who are going to approved rescues and adoptive homes. As Jake's Funds allow, C.A.R.E. will help with veterinary expenses, spay/neuter assistance, and food/supplies to shelter and rescue animals."
- Linda Fox and Lisa Mendelsberg (of C.A.R.E. Transport) were awarded Denver Channel 7's Everyday Hero Award on March 17, 2011
- Click here to read the article and see the video clip!!
- Since C.A.R.E.'s inception on 6/27/2007 they have completed over 500 transports via 529,000 miles, which have helped save the lives of 9,091 dogs and 631 cats!!
About the Event
- 2 1/2 mile hilly walk/run
- Very casual and Fun!
- Registration Donation/Fee = $25
(includes choice of hat or t-shirt)
- Day-of Registration Begins at 8:00AM
- Bluffs Regional Park
(just a few minutes west from I-25 and Lincoln)
- I-25 to Lincoln Ave.
- Go West to Ridgegate Parkway (after Target) and make a left
- Go South 1/2 mile to trail head on right (between golf course and The Bluffs homes)
- 8:00AM - Registration if not done earlier by check or Paypal
- 8:30AM - Walkers Start
- 8:45AM - Runners.Joggers Start
This is going to be a MUCH smaller/less chaotic event than the Furry Scurry or Mutt Strut--maybe only 100ish people max. So if you haven't been able to come to past events because of the overstimulation, this might be a good one to come to!
Don't forget to bring water and a bowl for your pups just in case there isn't any there!
We look forward to seeing you there!!